Saturday, April 10, 2010

The countdown begins...

There's less than a month left of classes... I can't believe the semester is almost over! It passed so quickly! But then again, it seems like forever since I've seen my friends and family (and dogs, i miss them a lot too!).
However, last night I had a dream that I was back in Oklahoma and I was trying to make chocolate milk but I didn't now where anything was in my kitchen! It was a very strange dream because the kitchen in my house was the kitchen in Primi's apartment, but every time I would open a drawer to look for a spoon or a cabinet to look for the colacao (it's kinda like the spanish version of ovaltine haha mmmm), it was completely different! Then other really weird things happened (I cant remember everything though) and i just felt so strange being in the united states! it was a weiiiiiiiird dream! I just remembered I cried and said "I miss Spain!" a lot!
So obviously my feelings towards going home are going to be quiiiiiiite bitter sweet! I can't wait to see my parents in May and travel with them for 2 weeks! I think that'll be a nice transition from Spain to going home, and by that time I'm sure I'll be really excited to get home and see the rest of the fam and my friends (and dogs. can't forget my 5 best lil friends. jajaja).

Well this past week has been really relaxing, which was great because after Semana Santa I needed a rest! It's kind of funny because Semana Santa was like our Spring Break, a 13 day break from school, but I feel like after the break I needed to take another break to recuperate from the break (ahhhh yeah who just busted a rhyme?). Luckily this week we only had 3 days of classes, and there weren't any tests or papers or anything due, so it was a pretty chilaxxxxxable week. Also, the weather was absolutely wonderful!!
Wednesday morning I ate breakfast and read my bible outside on the porch, and then went on a brisk jog and enjoyed the lovely spring time weather.
Thursday afternoon I hung out with Lauren in Plaza Cervantes and we got ice cream and basked in the sun and made bracelets and just enjoyed the warm sunshine.
Friday morning I went on jog by the river, and then went to this cool outdoor gym and worked out there for a bit. It's so nice because there's so many people walking their dogs and jogging on the trails all the time, a perfect people watching atmosphere. haha! Then that afternoon Brittany, Kim, Spencer, and I went to this feria (fair!) on the campus, they had sangria and music and LOTS of spanish students haha! We played frisbee and once again just basked in the sun and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The theme of the Fair was Hawaiian so lots of people had leis, hawaiian shirts, coconut bras (hahhaa mainly los hombres which was funny), and were drinking out of coconut shells! It was a really fun afternoon! Then last night Rachel, Brittany, Kim, and I went to Madrid to hang out with a friend that Brittany and I had met over Semana Santa who lives in Madrid. We met in Plaza Espana, hung out there for a bit, drank some wine, and then went to a discoteca and danced the night away! We left the club at about 6:00 when it closed, went and ate some breakfast, and then we headed back to Alcala on the train. We didn't get back until 9! I was so tired! But it was a really fun night! I'm going to miss the night life in Spain. I feel like in the United States if you "go out" at night it's just going and drinking and drinking and drinking and not doing much more than that. However, here there are really fun places to go dancing, and the DJs are awesome! You don't have to drink at all (first of all drinks are WAY too expensive, 2nd why do u need alcohol to dance?) and everyone still has a great time! Also, when I go out in Spain I speak Spanish to everyone because everyone speaks Spanish because we're in Spain.. hahaaha duh, however in Norman not many people speak Spanish.. haha bummer!

Well, I think tomorrow morning I'm going to Madrid to run a 5k in el Parque Retiro. It's cool that Madrid is having a big race this weekend because the RedBud is this weekend in Oklahoma City which I usually run in! Then we're going to the Rastro, Spain's biggest outdoor market! wooooooooh junk! this is my weakness.


[This is a shout out to AbbyJuneMcCune back in okc... go read your book, but only if simon says so.]

Coming soon.... exploring the world one country at a time.... pictures from Semana Santa...

Venice


Rome.


Malaga


No comments:

Post a Comment